Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I don't know if this can even be done with the current forum software, but I had a thought this morning and thought I'd share.

We need a "learned something" button, like the "like button"....

I've learned a lot of new things and have been reminded of some things I was wondering about when I was reading a particular post.

And not just from the experienced guys and gals here... Occasionally a new person will ask a question, intrigue me enough to take a few minutes to look up an answer ... So technically I did learn something from that post.

Ultimately, that is why some people come to these forums ... Yes, I may have a lot of experience in many areas, but that is the draw for me to this industry, I enjoy learning and challenges of learning. So if I learn something from a post or response, I'd like to flag it as such.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Moved to Forum Feedback since it's a really good suggestion.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 244438
    Moved to Forum Feedback since it's a really good suggestion.
    Thanks for moving... Since I don't have permission to submit anything there...
    Or should I say, I don't have permission to start a new thread there...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh...didn't know that. Good thing it's moved too...that should be fixed as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Webz - I know just what you mean! I'm all for a "learned something button - half the "likes" I have given are for that very reason.
    I have learned more here in a couple of years than I ever would have just working on my own. I get to read questions on several issues a day - way more than I would ever encounter by myself, and many that that I would never have thought of. Some of them I have actually been able to answer after doing some research, and many of the posts have led me to tutorials or blog posts or even useful code snippets, which have enhanced my work and hence my value to my clients.
    Blackhawk095 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I learn the most by answering other peoples' questions.
    Sometimes it forces me to actually learn how to code it, and test it, before I answer.
    Then, I store the snippet away ... now I have so many I'll never be able to find them anyhow.
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    When I started here, I barely knew the basics of HTML. Now I'm building a CMS with HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, and a little javascript. Most of those skill I learned from here.

For those reasons, I completely support a "Learned Something" button!
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I'm going to post a link to this thread on the Management and staff forum as a suggestion...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Do the new owners of WDF even pay attention to this anymore?
    It seems like the forum is just crawing along without any motivation or excitement.
    My opinion anyhow.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Good question, dude.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads