Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: I don't like the new forum

Member #
    Liked
    123 times

I don't like the new forum

Hi,

I just totally stopped visiting the forums for about a month. I came back to check replies on a website review I submitted. Turned out to have several replies, but I never received those replies in my email even though I did the necessary email option change in my preferences.

Furthermore, I have no idea what's happened lately because there is no longer a notification bar where I can see likes, replies, and all that other stuff.

Aesthetically, I liked the legibility of the old forum better too. More color separation and narrower reading columns.

I'm trying to keep with the forums, but without any tool to keep me clued in, it really kills my desire to stay active in the community.

Just my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There actually is a notification menu that will tell you the likes you've received and the new PMs, although it's not immediately obvious. Right underneath the logo, it says "Welcome, (username)" and then Notifications, with a dropdown. So they are there...but again, it's not particularly intuitive.

As far as the email goes, it's not very intuitive either, but it is there. Above the logo, there's a menu that starts with "New Posts". The second-to-last menu option is a Forum Actions dropdown. Click that, then Edit Profile. You'll see a menu on the left that says "My Settings." Click the "General Settings" from that menu, and change Default Thread Subscription mode to "Instantly, using email" if it's not already done. Like I said, though, it's not obvious.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I personally like the forum. I think the theme looks great too.

Chad

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by speedycrow chad View Post

Chad
    he was actually making a comparison with the OLD forum... it's a lot clunkier than the old one

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by speedycrow chad View Post

Chad
    The owners have slowly developed it since the engine transition to make it more visually appealing and easy to read.

When the new forum first came out back in June, trust me, it looked AWFUL. Grey everything - no contrast anywhere. It was the main reason why I drifted away from this forum and started to use other boards.

But now it's quite nice.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd like to say Ron's lying about what the board first looked like in June....but....yyyyyyyyyyyeah, I got nothin'.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads