Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How do I change or create a signature to be at the bottom of my messags? i ticked the box that says "add signature" but i havent made one yet.

and also, how do i get a picture besdie my name instead of a white box. an "avatar"?

tekp:classic:
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Go to User CP (top left) and select Edit Profile from the drop down menu on the right.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phew, thanks a bunch :classic:

tekp

ps i need help quick, if you are good with PHP head over to the respectable forum and read the "Php & micrsoft access??" thread. If not do you know anybody who is good with php and is online now?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I still cant change my little display picture.

tekp

Member #
    HTML isn't allowed in posts/signatures, and images aren't allowed in signatures unless you're a WDF Plus member.

What error are you getting when trying to change your avatar? You should be at the "Edit Options" page in the UserCP. The change avatar option is at the bottom there.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No error, i just didnt know how to change it. I do now tho thanks.

(now i just have to find a cool pic!)

tekp

Member #
    Then it wasn't that you couldn't change your avatar, you just didn't know how. You might want to change your signature, here's a link to a brief overview of BBCode, which is the language to use on this (and most) forums.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    Then it wasn't that you couldn't change your avatar, you just didn't know how.
    ^ thats what i said.

thnks, ill check out the bbcode stuff.

Member #
    I would like to know if there is a different set of rules and permissions since the original posts in this thread for new members? I've been able to create a new account, add some personal profile information and even upload an avatar to your servers.

However, the "edit profile" fails to have an area to put in a signature to "stamp" after you've posted a message or reply. Also, the reply and post message screens are not very "user friendly" - everything I do gets changed into HTML code that displays the code instead of the results when I post (such as quotation marks are posted as "&quote;" instead of the quotation marks themselves - carriage returns are not included; you have to add a carriage return tag manually).

Also, the message tools are non-functional - as in I can't add bold, italic, underline, center justify, hyperlinks, code, color, etc. Even the smilies are non-functional.

Any reason why there's so many problems? I get the same results in both IE7 and FireFox.

~Markus

Member #
    There is a post limit for signatures, you have to post X number of times before you can add a signature.

As far as the other issues you would be better off posting a new message with a descriptive topic heading, so that someone can help you better. I really don't know you would be having any of the issues that you are having, as I have never had any of the problems that you are having.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads