Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Turtle Dollars

Member #
    This has to be a common question, but I'm not finding the answer:

If I offer a reward, how do I give it? I don't see the "Award Dollars" icon.

How can you see which threads have rewards posted? I don't see anything in my thread, or anyones, saying there is an offer.

I assumed the point behind the Turtle Dollar program was to see reputation, but I don't see anyone's reputation list in anything, much less their Turtle wealth.

JR
    Member #
    AWARD DOLLARS ICON GOES HERE

Originally posted by Travis G
    If I offer a reward, how do I give it? I don't see the "Award Dollars" icon.
    [/B]
    It should be above the user's message (see above) if you actually specify that you want to award the dollars when you start a thread. (It's in the options section)

Here is the turtle dollar league table, and threads with dollar offers are marked with a green dollar sign in each forum.
    JR

Member #
    Ah. Seems I only thought I made an offer. I entered a dollar amount, but I must've done something else wrong. Looking over the forums, I see that the dollar system is being very rarely used, so I don't feel bad about not making an offer.

As to the leader board, that pretty much says that if you aren't one of the ten more reputable, then you aren't worth mentioning.

While the idea wasn't a bad one, I assume it really is all but dead, not really affecting anything, not really used?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It is used fairly often, not as much as I want, but not enough to justify ripping the system out.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    PS - the dollars aren't used as a "status symbol" per se... they're just a way of saying "thanks" to those who help you out.

JR
    Member #
    Dollar offers are usually awarded pretty shortly after the thread is started, due to the great members on here that resolve problems quickly. That's why you don't see many offers (plus people don't want to see their money go ). There are, however, other ways to earn dollars, take a look at the announcement at the top of any forum, if you haven't already.
    JR

Remove Ads