Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I did some searching after looking at the strange award that I,Brian has. He is the only one I have ever noticed with the it. I looked at the image's properties to find out the name of the award. The name of the image was MOTM.gif.

Humm :smoker:.. that kinda looks like SOTM(Site of the month) but with an "M".. What could it stand for? Member perhaps? I think so.. Member of the Month!!

I did some reasearch and found the old scribes of the ancient contest known as Member of the Month. It turns out that no fewer then three people have recieved this award: I,Brian, 401, and Kings. Also it seems the reason for the downfall of the old ways was due to lack of member partisipation. However maybe their could be some chance that the contenst could be ressurected?

I have some ideas/changes/reasons I have come up with, to help illustrate the advantages of bringing it back.

First off I dont think people should be allowed to nominate themselves, they should have to be nominated by the community, and then they would have to accept the nomination, they obviously must be helpful contributors to the board. Knowledge would not nessessarally be a prereqresit, but a willingness to help/contribute would. So newer members would be just as eligible as older members.

However this award is not something you could just win and forget. At anytime after you recieve the award, it could be taken away if signs of loosing that professional attitude is lost.

Personally I think this would be a good thing for the board. I think it would help aid in the professionalizm of the board. It would be a way to reward helpful members. And give less then perfect members a reason to clean up their act and become valuable members.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You have researched well. Good points, too. The moderators and I will discuss (probably in this thread).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I also think that it will be good for the comunnity, as it will create a "competition" on helping others. It seems a good idea

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Sounds good to me. I've wanted that award for over a year!!! To bad I will never get it. :-(

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I dont see why moderators should be exempt. Although I do think they would have an easier time gaining it since its part of their 'job description' to be helpful. So I think there should be stricter/different rules for them. But I think that would help push them to contribute even more..

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sounds good to me, if enough people participate. Perhaps implement this after v4
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds good if it's set up correctly. There is a possible danger of perceived "mutual back-patting" that could alienate less frequent posters and I'm tempted to say that mods shouldn't be eligible as their status is already proven and the balance of voting may be affected.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I agree with moss. Not fair for a mod to be MOTM.

Member #
    I like the idea of MOTM coming back, and I'm in agreement that mods shouldn't qualify. We've been rewarded for our work with the oppurtunity to join the WDF staff. This award is for members to become recognized in the community. There are certain members that may deserve to be moderators, and the only reason they are not is because we dont have a need for more mods right now. This is a good way for those members to be recognized and appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I guess that is fair. I do agree that voting would be a bit biased.. Besides yall already have a special award denoting your status.

The reason I brought it up is in the case that a member won MOTM and then went on to became a moderator. Would they loose it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads