Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IE Browser

Member #
    I go with FireFox and mozilla, never liked IE very much, crashed all the time and doens't have tabbed browsing.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    90% of my friends have never even heard of Mozilla, and those that do are through this forum or because I've told them.
    I try to spread the word of Firefox to my friends through school and over MSN, Yahoo, and AIM. Everyone that I recommended it to and who has downloaded it, I got a positive response from.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Yeah, I agree too. IE sucks. I got way to many pop-ups, IE has like no features, and it gives you tons of ad-ware. Firefox is what I use now. That is the coolest program. So many features.

Member #
    I installed Opera after a friend of mine recommended it to me, and I have only used Internet Explorer to test websites that I design. One day I had Opera open and some guy said to me: "What's that???" I said "it's a browser I use" and he was like: "Open up a real Microsoft browser!!!" ... yeah right!!!

Everyone just thinks I'm being weird by using Opera :classic:

Member #
    I showed a friend Firefox once. I spent 10 minutes demonstrating it and her reply was "what does this program do then?".

Me: "It's a web browser."
    My Friend: "What's that?"
    Me: "It lets you display websites."
    My Friend: "Nah - I won't use one of them. They look too complicated."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My favorite phrase has always been "the internet's not installed"... which I'd say I get a LOT hahahaha
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Considering that MSN's own online magazine suggested to use an alternative I would say go with either FireFox, Opera, or Mozilla.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    IE is good on a secured computer, meaning firewalled, anti-virus protected, and updated with ALL the latest sp's. Then there's the features that IE lacks. In any case I use IE at work (now) and FireFox at home.
    - Brian

Member #
    My favorite phrase has always been "the internet's not installed"... which I'd say I get a LOT hahahaha
    haha yeah i have to say i have heard that too. or "where is the internet on this computer?!" since i dont have an IE shortcut on my desktop
    I usually like to just look at them and say: "the internet is everywhere.. its all around us.. its who we are."
    yeah i'm a nerd..haha
    LooseCannon Design
    Friendly, affordable webdesign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads