Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IE Browser

Member #
    http://enterprise-security-today.new...ry=winsecurity

The Web site can then be used to do anything from recording keystrokes, which make it easier to steal passwords and credit-card numbers, to installing pop-up-ad programs.
    Heh, wonder how many ppl will be switching browsers... :surprised:
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    IE has more holes then swiss cheese. But that does not anger me as much as the harsh relaity that Microsoft KNOWS these issues but does nothing about it. There have been documented reports where they totally even gave up on even trying to secure their software (*cough* winXP sockets *cough*) because they said there was no point, any measure of security can be breached anyway, so why bother..

All I have to say to that is I know my car alarm and door locks will not prevent a determined theif from stealing my car, but I am still going to lock the doors and wait for the beeping sound befor I walk a foot away from it.

Member #
    I hate IE.. The only time I even use it is to test to make sure pages I design render properly, since most people out there use it. Opera is my personal favorite,though i use Firefox just about as much
    LooseCannon Design
    Friendly, affordable webdesign.

Member #
    Indeed, I used IE, and hated it, until a friend showed me Firefox. And now IE is only used when someone else is online or I'm testing a webpage.

Member #
    They try to force us to use IE at college and they had a go at me for installing FF on my perssonal profile. So I installed it on my USB disk and have the cahce and everything running off that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by visualAd
    They try to force us to use IE at college and they had a go at me for installing FF on my perssonal profile. So I installed it on my USB disk and have the cahce and everything running off that.
    really? maybe i'll try it

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon
    I hate IE.. The only time I even use it is to test to make sure pages I design render properly, since most people out there use it. Opera is my personal favorite,though i use Firefox just about as much
    yeah, I love Firefox

Member #
    I can't stand using IE, mainly cause on my computer it crashes non-stop. Firefox is by far the best browser i've used. Nice themes, the tabbed viewing. I don't see why anyone would want to pick IE over Firefox. I even install Firefox on computers at College, mainly just for fun, mainly cause it's far more convenient. The sad truth behind the whole situation though, is that IE will always be more popular than Mozilla, even though Mozilla is more popular than it's ever been.

Member #
    I think that too. Microsoft have something Mozilla don't have a lot of, and thats money.

I read a worrying article about trusted computing, an effort to have all code ran by the computer to be liscenced, authenticated and from a trusted source. They say its the only way to kerb the threat from viruses and trojans. But the way I see it, if Microsoft take this idea on - its going to make things very difficult for the open source community and anyone other software developers.

Member #
    If anyone (who has enough money ) challenges IE bundling, Microsoft face another court battle over this (like they did over Media Player), then IE may not be bundled with it at all. The trouble is, just ask any less computer orientated users. 90% of my friends have never even heard of Mozilla, and those that do are through this forum or because I've told them.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads