Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Assuming that you hard code web sites, as oppose to cheating (:P) and using something like Dreamweaver or, heaven forbid, Frontpage, what text editor do you use?

When I first learned HTML, I used Notepad, but obviously it isn't very good, so I found something called Textpad, which has been extremely useful so far. But I am wondering whether there is something better that I am missing out on. Also, what OS is it running on? I have a Linux kit for my PlayStation 2, and am wondering what text editor would be useful on that for web authoring.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    My only non-WYSIWYG editor was Arachnophilia. I use Dreamweaver exclusively, now, but I spend a lot of time in the code view as well as the design view.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I hand-code everything on my website: the PHP, the HTML, CSS, JS and anythign else. I use Crimson Editor ( http://www.crimsoneditor.com ) which has syntax highlighting for all of the above and more.

For more freeware that's really good, check out these two pages on my website:

http://ekstreme.com/credits.php

http://ekstreme.com/digitalsmoke/freeware.php
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    HTML-Kit, by Chami. Link in signature.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    meh i just use the old school notepade

Member #
    Then I salute you, as that is dedication. You could at least use Wordpad

Member #
    lol yeah i cant stand having it all in one line.. but i just dont like using those other text editors cuz i feel like im cheating or sumthin sorta like using Front Page but thats just my 2cents (well not cheating but u know what i mean)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't saulute you... I give you an award for stupidity.

You know, we could eat all our meals with a plastic spork... but what does that accomplish in the end? Use the right tools for the job, and notepad has VERY few jobs that it's the right tool for.

I use Dreamweaver most of the time and crimson editor now and then. Both have their advantages.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I don't see what's the problem with Dreamweaver... I use it in code view fine, but would probably suck at using it as a pure wysiwyg. It's just the little things I use it for.

Syntax highlighting, completing closing tags automaticaly, wrapping/formatting, having both stylesheet and page open in same window.

Notepad is fine for quick changes, loads instantly, always a right-click away.

Member #
    I use Notepad too, all the other ones are to much money for me right now. I need to mow some lawns, I have no money at all. Is there anything else for free that is better than notepad?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads