Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I came across this article while checking my regular news feeds..

Closing Microsoft

Although I find it highly unlikley it seems like it is very much a possiability..

Member #
    Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. My favourite bit is this:

"The reason behind the announcement has to be one of three things: Someone sees a rocky road ahead, they are even greedier than ever, or they are planning a shutdown."

What about this other reason: Companies are in business to make money, and any business type person knows that saving money is good business sense. It doesn't matter if you have $70 or $70 billion: You save money when you can, and it is not greed. It's just business.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    As if Microsoft would close down!!! This will not happen for years yet. First, what would be the point? Microsoft are the leaders in computer technology and if they closed down then everyone would probably hate Bill Gates and stuff - does he want that?

My favourite bit is:

"Is it fun to run what is now a stodgy old company?"

I would call Microsoft "stodgy" or "old" lol. I'd call it "rich" and "powerful - very powerful". Well, that's my opinion!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    everyone would probably hate Bill Gates
    He does have a fair share of enemies already, he's not exactly Santa Claus.

I don't think M$ is shutting down, but I do think that in my lifetime the company will get a major facelift. Most likely they will spin every product of theirs off into a seperate company. The author brings up a good point: after a while, it must get boring being at the top and facing no competition. What's the difference between $70 billion and $100 billion? Why bother? Some of these people are basically working for free, because any income they make has no impact on their life or an impact on their bank account that they'll notice. By now they've made far too much money then they'll ever be able to spend.

Member #
    Microsoft will only shut down when someone finds a major exploit that will cause mass destruction and eventually EXTINCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE AS WE KNOW IT!@)(#)@!(#)(!@#

Member #
    he isn't exactly Santa Claus
    Sorry, but I beg to differ. Firstly, take a look at

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

They do really amazing work that is very needed. According to the grants page, they have given out over $7 billion!

Personally, I really do think Bill G is Santa. Take a look at http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Educa...nounce-298.htm and http://trust.gatesscholar.org/ . Yes Bill's money is funding my PhD and I am very grateful - I wouldn't be here doing my degree without the scholarship. I know that all of the other Gates Scholars here are very grateful too. He is the generous and kind person people don't think he is
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Remove Ads