Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I was browsing and saw this headline.....http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...9157501.htm?1c
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    You have to be registered to view it. I may have a look later.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Kevin, you live in Miami? I do, too! Do you work in web design?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    PS - If you read the article, you'll see that the "hackers" didn't hijack anything. They found an anonymous FTP location and posted al Qaeda sympathetic material (images and videos) there for the purpose of reposting them to forums. Of course, no one would really know the difference unless they work in technology...

Also, it wasn't a government site, per se, it was an Arkansas DMV website. But I guess it sounds more exciting for them to say "Hackers Hijack State Website - Post al Qaeda Materials!" I really hate the direction the news media are going. They resemble shifty advertising more and more every day.

Member #
    Sorry to trash your hopes transio, but no, I do not live in Miami. I was browsing different websites about how easy it was for professionals to hack into anything, and how the government hires them. I saw this headline on one page and decided to check it out. I live in South Carolina, home to the Gamecocks!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind_2007
    Sorry to trash your hopes transio
    Damn, and I'm newly single, too. ;-)

Remove Ads