Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This site is hillarious!
    (though it's obviously not intended to be )

http://www.visitusa.com

When you first enter the site, it presents you with an option of selecting your native language (all of the content will then be presented in the language of your choice). There are a multitude of languages to select from.

The problem is, that the computer translates the English original text word for word, with total disrespect for syntactical build and meaning, and have obviously no concept of different laguages orthography.

Example from presentation of New Mexico:

Original:
    Motto: It Grows as It Goes
    New Mexico is still as the old west, in it's features. Billy the Kid was a legend...

Norwegian translation:
    Motto: Det Vokser da Det Drar
    Nytt Mexico er stillet som den gammele vest, i det er kjennetegn. Send regning til Kid Var en legende...

Norwegian translation translated back to English:
    Motto: It is growing as it departs
    Newly Mexico is posed as the elderlely vest, in that is tellsign. Send the bill to Kid Was a legend...

These are just two short examples. I'll post some more when I have time.
    Other foreign users here (at WDF) might check up "your" translations, and have a ball!
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads