Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So Sad Sara

Member #
    Well, I'm sure if I followed through with this 40 oz kool-aid thing we'd have a much less lazy younger America. (and possibly less-lazy adults who like kool-aid).

Making a 40 of kool-aid would make it hip to drink at work! :P

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Too much sugar = diabetes.

When I was little, I pretty much split my time between running outside / biking / rollerblading, PC, and reading. Only reason I don't go outside that much anymore is because I'm now in HELL (aka Florida). Grew up in PA originally.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    i'm from the heehaw state of wyoming!!!

i spent all of my time as a kid cutting off bull testicles and milking the cows.

lol.. just kidding. i grew up playing nintendo and basketball all the time. that unfortunately ended when i had a serious injury where all the cartiledge was seperated from the bone directly above my ankle. :/

there isn't much to do here now except watch tumbleweeds blow around and other things that can get you in lots of trouble (the last part of "tumbleweed"), unfortunately.

i am trying to become a master bbq'er, if that sounds like any fun.

steaks anyone?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by glyakk
    Kids still play on the streets over there?? Nowadays kids look forward to getting that new gaming console for their birthday instead of a bike. I remember when a frisbee was considered a 'cool' toy.
    I hear that. I had an Atari 2600, NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis, and I still spent as much time as possible outside. I grew up playing league baseball for 10 years, and loved spending time outdoors. Now my parents had twins when I was 14, they are now 8 years old and have a gamecube and a GBA SP and spend 90% of their time indoors playing games (doesn't help that the neighborhood has gone bad over the last 5 years). It funny how things change....

Quote Originally Posted by megablaz0r
    i am trying to become a master bbq'er, if that sounds like any fun.
    Ditto, a nice well done round steak sounds reeaaaal good right now.
    - Brian

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Although bbq stake is good I would prefer to cook it on cast iron. When I think BBQ what is on my mind is fajitas, ribs, chicken, and brisket! Come down to houston texas and I will show you how to do it right!

BTW: When it comes to BBQ there is only one way to go... hardwood. If you are using gas you are not BBQ'ing you are grilling.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Gor Blimey!

You guys can get off-topic faster than a greased Big Mac down a vomitorium chute!

There I was shedding a silent tear at the departure of mossoi and his pet blue lobster, and suddenly you're all showing off about how much sodie-pop you can drink and how many bits of dead cow you can cauterize on a Sunday afternoon. How insensitive!

(BTW, wired, what's so bad about Florida? I was thinking of holidaying there soon, so do be a dear and warn me off if necessary).
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Perhaps it's the climate... when I was a kid, playing outside wasn't really an option (when it's 105 outside the fun factor goes down real quick).

But then again, I always went camping/fishing/etc... just anything to leave Sacramento I spend a lot of time outside now (I think I've eaten 5 BBQed tri-tips in the last 6 weeks - thank god for the built in BBQ in the backyard). The climate changes everything... going to the beach, going to the dunes, hanging out downtown, whatever

Now if I only got some time to sleep =x

Damnit... now I'm hungry I want BBQ! NOW!
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Florida's not bad to visit or anything (it's tourist country down here) but I wouldn't recommend living here.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    well then, i guess i grill.

glyakk, care to share any recipes? i've eaten a few home cooked items involving recipes from texas. one of my better friends is from there but he has since moved to idaho, so i have no way of getting them.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    but he has since moved to idaho..
    Is that the real Idaho, or his 'own private Idaho'? (Apologies to the B-52s). :knockedout:
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads