Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

Im going to fix a friends really old pc it needs a total format and reinstall. Problem is its so old running 98 im worried that if i do a full format ill loose the CDrom drivers and i wont be able to reinstall.

Its been so long since i done this i cant remember the procedure can anyone re asure me i wont be stuck with a blank pc with no means of installing windows. His bios battery is also flat so we are set the default setting will this make any difference.

cheers
    Whats the matter the CIA got u pushing too many pencils ???

Member #
    I've recently reinstalled Windows 98 on a 5 year old machine with no problems at all. Nothing stopped working or anything. If you use the formatting options available from boot on your Windows 98 CD then you shouldn't have any problems.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    So if i startup the machine with the cd in the drive it will run as a boot disk ?
    Whats the matter the CIA got u pushing too many pencils ???

Member #
    If the bios is set to try to run from the cd before the hard drive, then yes, it will.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads