Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Games?

Member #
    Any of you guys play SOCOM II for PS2? That has to be one of the funest online free games ive ever played

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I am by no means an expert in the realm of gaming.. but I do plan on purchasing doom3. Mostly because I feel obliged to do so.

You see, doom was my first 'holy cow' experiance with computers. Not so much in the game itself, but in the learning experiance it gave me. You see, in order to play you had to learn the basics of dos. Up until then all of my computer experiance was based on using programs that would just boot up when the computer was turned on or already running, so in my eyes that was all that computer could do.

But one weekend I spent the night at a friends house who had his own computer in his room, and he had a copy of DOOM and he showed me how to play it. In perticular he showed me how to navagate and run applications using DOS. As a result of that, I found a major interest in computers because now I had the ability to tell the computer what I wanted it to do. It had a very profound effect on me at because for the first time I felt like I was in control.

So it is sort of a tribuite to the game.

Member #
    Doom 3 is going to be your next "holy cow" experience.

I have said another two word "holy-" combination many times while watching videos and looking at screenshots. It's going to be an amazing experience.

Play it with the dark with the headphones cranked all the way... I guarantee you'll at least have goosebumps.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by megablaz0r
    Play it with the dark with the headphones cranked all the way... I guarantee you'll at least have goosebumps.
    I guarantee that playing it in the dark with headphones will make you scream like a little girl and **** yourself
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    that's the only way to go man.

not too often can a game give you a huge adrenaline rush, but doing the above (headphones in the dark) and playing doom3 will probably provide the biggest rush i've ever had.

except when i tried to make it to the pgl q2 final tourney. i was two matches away. talk about a rush before i played.. i was so nervous/excited that i shook uncontrollably and couldnt aim the railgun worth a damn :P

i obviously lost. bad. hehe

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    LOL same thing happened to me in a CS tourney. Played like crap the whole time. was shaking so much.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I've been playing a pretty neat FPS game, America's Army, I love it, it has to be one of the best free FPS games out there. I've seen worse titles that want $40+ from you, this one it definitely worth trying out. I haven't played much other fps game because i love RTS more, but when i get bored of those games i go out and buy another RTS or FPS game, next up on my list is UT2004.

Member #
    America's Army isn't bad.

Wired: It SUCKS doesn't it? To make things worse, the guy I lost to (the score was like 20-9 or something) was someone who I practiced against fairly regularly and hadn't lost to. Ever.

Oh well. coulda woulda shoulda :P

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by megablaz0r
    filburt, if you have roughly a 2 ghz pentium and a geforce 3, you will be able to play doom.

read http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
    I don't consider my system being able to play it when the absolute fastest ATI card (X800XT) only gets 50 FPS. Also it's not fully DX9 so what's the point...I'll miss most of the good graphics.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Or you can avoid all the troubles of computer compatibility with computer games by purchasing a Ps2!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads