Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Recently, I came across a website http://www.onspeed.com/ , this site claims to have a compression technology that will speed up Dial Up 5x Faster, Broadband 3x and GPRS 8x Faster. I am not sure of this, Iíve heard of many programs that "claim" to speed up your internet speed. I post this because I am on a dial-up connection and would like to know what you people think of this program and if any at all work out there in this world. I'm sure at least some of this forumís 6,930 members have tried this or know something about it. Your thoughts?

Member #
    As far as I know, none of these services work. Surely if they did, then ISPs would use them to speed up their services. My mate said that AOL had one that made dial up 5x faster. He used and it increased by about 1 kbps. Lol.

Feel free to try it, but I doubt it will work!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Yeah before getting cable modem I had earthlink dial up they claimed to have the same technology. But it's all garbage, if you want real speed you have to go with DSL or cable.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    All they do is compress pictures.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I had a teacher last semester who runs an ISP. He said that these "high speed dialup" products are mostly marketing hype. Higher speeds are percieved mainly because they filter a lot of advertising out. Coupled with the fact that pictures are compressed and a few other minor tricks, the connection appears to be faster.

Remove Ads