Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have recently had a problem with Outlook. For some reason I can receieve e-mail no problem. But it has stopped letting me send them. As you can imagine this is so annoying you will not believe.

The error I am getting is as follows.

The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. (Account 'danieloliver.net1,SMTP Server: 'danieloliver.net', Error Number : 0x800cccc0f).
    I get this for every e-mail account. If anyone can help me out ASAP I will reward them with 20 TDs. This is fairly urgent as I have an important e-mail to send.

Thank you,
    Daniel Oliver.

Member #
    Daniel

A couple of things spring to mind :

1) Most ISPs require you to have your phone set up to forward your phone number with the call. If you have changed things with your phone company to prevent this then this could cause this.

2) A lot of ISPs only let you send mail through their SMTP service if you are using their dial up number. Which SMTP address are you using and which ISP are you using ?

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielOliver
    I have recently had a problem with Outlook. For some reason I can receieve e-mail no problem. But it has stopped letting me send them. As you can imagine this is so annoying you will not believe.

The error I am getting is as follows.

I get this for every e-mail account. If anyone can help me out ASAP I will reward them with 20 TDs. This is fairly urgent as I have an important e-mail to send.

Thank you,
    Daniel Oliver.

Member #
    Nothing has changed it has been the same as it always has. All of a sudden they all just stopped working. I haven't touched anything at all. It's stupid.

Member #
    It always used to work until recently. DOnt know why.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    0x800CCC0F CONNECTION_DROPPED Connection closed.

Since it's going through your domain name, might want to contact the hosting company. May be a problem on their end. Otherwise for the time being, get a yahoo acct
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Who is your ISP? Many ISP's randomly decide to block port 25 (SMTP) except through their mail server. I'd call them up and ask them if you can, or try sending mail through one of their accounts (i.e. username@isp.com) and see if that works.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads