Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm in look for some quality software. Basically I've got school, work and web jobs to keep track of.. it's getting a little much for my poor sticky note system.

Features I require
    -Recurring Weekly scheduling (Every MWF from 8-9 I have this From Sept 20 Until Nov 30, etc)
    -Yearly reminders (birthdays, etc)
    -Remind me in X days/hours/minutes
    -Todo list
    -Run in the taskbar or similar. I don't want something clogging up my main system. A simple notifyer is fine.
    -Syncronize across multiple computers (online would be the best)

I'd prefer stuff that would of course help me keep track of my web design as well. For example, I've got some marketing things I need to keep track of, follow through with. I also have separate projects that have deadlines, it'd be nice to keep track of these projects separately so I could click this project or that project and see what deadlines are coming up.

Any suggestions? I don't even know where to start here. I'm read to shell out some cash to keep organized, but I don't want to spend unneeded money on POS programs.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Outlook 2003 works for all of that, but I don't know of any automatic synchronization. I do sync between Outlook 2003 and my Sony Clie TJ37, though (the Clie included Intellisync Lite).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Outlook and me have had some severe fallouts. We broke up two days ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I use Halfmoon calandar for things, you can find it here: http://www.download.com/HalfMoon-Cal...l?tag=lst-0-15

Its free, and its got alot of things i like, try it

(Features I require)
    -Recurring Weekly scheduling (Every MWF from 8-9 I have this From Sept 20 Until Nov 30, etc)
    ----has it, though you'll have to set thise dates up

-Yearly reminders (birthdays, etc)
    ----same as above

-Remind me in X days/hours/minutes
    ---- can't really do it but it will remind you at the time you tell it to

-Todo list
    ---- It has a area which you can imput alot of text, for a alert, a overall list you can tell it to open a doc that would have it all in it

-Run in the taskbar or similar. I don't want something clogging up my main system. A simple notifyer is fine.
    ----very small and low memory usage

-Syncronize across multiple computers (online would be the best)
    ----sry, it can't do this (to my knowledge, but then i don't have muntiable computers)

since i really don't have anything to do, i'll look for some more that have all those features, though this is the best free program i've found

Member #
    Yahoo Calender has all that, except the taskbar thing. Also, its free and includes email, notepad and addressbook.
    -GeZe

Member #
    I'd be interested this software too. The sides of my monitors are always covered with stickies w/ stuff I have to remember. I haven't found the right piece of software yet to get them off of the computer and into it.

Member #
    Well I'm back, and here's what I've found so far:
    • Mozilla Calendar is an extension that plugs in to any Mozilla product, including Firefox. It has a lot of your standard calendar features, and it saves your information using the iCal Standard. You can upload your Calendar to a webDAV server (although many hosts don't enable webDAV for security reasons). Here's a site that offers free webDAV accounts.
    • The free site above uses PHPiCalendar. They use version 0.9, so I downloaded 2.0beta and played with it on my server. It's not perfect, I found a few bugs, but it does the trick. With PHP iCalendar, you can upload your calendar to your server using Firefox even if webDAV isn't enabled on your server. You can't edit/add/delete your Calendar through the web interface, it's just for display purposes. It does however give you a central place to put your calendar so you can view it anywhere, and make changes to it from multiple computers and have those changes reflected on all of your machines.

If you're bored and looking for something to do, playing around w/ this and configuring/disecting it to see how it works is a good way to spend an afternoon. :ichatangel:

Member #
    Hi fellow sloinian... I sent you an email earlier today about your blog . Thought I'd try out your forum...
    I'd suggest a palm device or yahoo! calendar. I setup yahoo! to send me text messages on my cell phone for appointments, birthdays, etc.
    I'm also trying to divorse myself from outlook.
    I need a gmail invitation!
    We should meet sometime... I've got 12 new websites to finish by the end of the year - may need some help However, I get the impression you're swamped too!
    —richard @ Arroyo Grande San Luis Obispo County.CA.US.Planet.Universe

Remove Ads