Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: firefox help!!

Member #
    Ive just converted to firefox. (yes I know I shouldve done it a long time ago....)

So I just need a little help here at WDF. I want to view the site in small view, but everytime I view a new page at WDF, the page expands to "bigger" and I have to click "smaller" again.

Is this something I can set in my options or whats the problem here?

P.S. another thing, I notice theres this little image that shows up next to all links. it a little "W". This was never here before when I viewed the page in IE. can i turn them off?

Member #
    I wouldn't know about the page sizing, but you can turn off the external link icon under your 'User CP' located on the top left of the main navigation menu. > Edit Options > (see bottom of page) > Check 'no'.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Make sure that your cookies are working properly (that is how the Bigger/Smaller size is preserved across pages).

As for the external link icon, you didn't see it in IE because it uses more advanced CSS tricks than what IE supports.
    Code:
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0 or $bbuserinfo['field17'] == 'Yes'">
    a[target]
    {
        background-image:url('customimages/extlink.gif');
        padding-left:20px;
        background-position:center left;
        background-repeat:no-repeat;
    }
    </if>
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I got the resizing thing to work. I just deleted my cookies and the page works. I also got the link thing to work as well. Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Member #
    I have another question. Is it possible to set the default action in firefox so that when i click on a link, it opens up in a tab and not another instance of firefox?

Member #
    Yes, you need to download tabbrowser extensions, which is an extension for Firefox that opens up many different and more advanced options.

It can be downloaded from here. Look for the 'Download Tabbrowser Extensions [tabextensions_en.xpi]' text. Please note that you must be using Firefox to download the extension file .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads