Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I.E

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stewiegriffin
    I was wondering how many people use internet explorer and why.
    i have used it almost all of the time until i found out about firefox which i think is much much better then IE.
    so does anyone have any pros or cons for IE or anyother browser for that manner.
    I use IE for sites that require Flash (I don't want plugins littering Firefox). IE also supports more content, which is good (well, it's more content) and bad (often that content is ActiveX or other crap that is unsafe by nature).

I use Firefox 1.0 on both my desktop and tablet. Both have Adblock and Tabbrowser Extensions installed as well.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    ok cool thanks guys
    "Baseball is,was,and always will be the greatest game in the world"-Babe Ruth
    Aim:wallaceisshort
    http://tsfpwttwsbmoj.phpwebspace.com

Member #
    anyone else have any comments?
    "Baseball is,was,and always will be the greatest game in the world"-Babe Ruth
    Aim:wallaceisshort
    http://tsfpwttwsbmoj.phpwebspace.com

Member #
    You're in a community of knowledgeable web surfers. I think it's safe to say all of us here are always looking for new things. For example, Firefox.

This community of web people is and will always be ahead of Mr. Casual Web Surfer. Mr. Surfer and his family and his friends regularly peruse sites using their built-in Internet Explorer. Your clients are targeting Mr. and Mrs. Surfer (who also block the little Surfers from downloading new and exciting programs to their PCs).

So, basically, the benefit of Internet Explorer is that it's every where. Every body has it. That doesn't make it better, but it means we all have to design our sites to appear nice and work effectively.

And in the meantime, have you seen this thread yet?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I used it just now because somehow my desktop installation of Firefox refuses to work properly with frames. Clicking a link on one frame that targeted another just doesn't do anything. It might be Tabbrowser Extensions' fault, though.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    IE also supports more content, which is good (well, it's more content)
    I find (or atleast get the impression) certain web applications are devloped with Internet Explorer in mind... certain sites that offer streaming audio, internet banking, windows update (Surprise, surprise) etc seem to be the most common that don't work outside IE.

Even now and then I seem to find myself using IE if I access a hyperlink within Outlook Express, or go to a site linked to on my desktop ...it doesn't recognise FF as being my default browser.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mixu
    Well, I love IE because of all the additional useful software it comes with zero effort in installing! I mean, with FireFox I need to find my Online Gambling sites by myself, in IE I have it automatically set as my home page. And where would I be without BonziBuddy remembering my credit card information??

Plus, stupid FireFox doesn't render my webpages correctly! That's why I always put the "Internet Explorer only" warning on the front page. It's way too much work to update my pages - I mean if the HTML is fine for Frontpage 2.5 then it should also work on Firefox, but no!!

And then there is this brilliant search bar I just found on IE last week, it let's me search Google with relevant popup ads - just what I needed.

This has got to be the most hillarious post I've ever read in my life! Good one Mixu!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads