Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    As I was browsing through the artwork on ebay, I found a guy selling a Russell Moreton painting. It looks like this might be a decent deal. I thought this might be worth mentioning. I wonder what the "prizes" he mentions are lol.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So, your first post on a web design board is to tell us about paintings for sale on ebay?

A little digging reveals this:

"Moreton Copy
    Warning: I won an auction on Ebay, for a "Russell Moreton Oil Painting". Instead it was a framed poster pasted to cardboard. On the back was a sticker that said it was manufactured by Intercraft Industries Corportation, "IIC" in Chicago. This was style no 6003-20, Assorted Finish, Assorted Subjects This was not a limited edition reprint, but a torn copy of his work. Just wanted to warn everyone." - source: http://www.askart.com/bboard.asp

The description also announces that the paintings are framed in "REAL wood" - not exactly something an art connoisseur takes much notice of.

In short - what's your motivation for posting this? A keen interest in art and an altruistic desire to spread the word across wholely unrelated communities or a subversive vested interest?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    He IS the seller. B-B-B-BANNED
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads