Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Hopefully that should explain it all.
    I am an intermediate-level Flash designer. I've learned it partly on my own but also had the chance to do production art for a web production company that specialized in streaming Flash. I've built websites, intro animations, interfaces, e.t.c.

But I don't want to be a freelancer for the rest of my life..
    multimedia is a dated word, yes but the concept is still there everyday. Internet radio, digital video, streaming animation on the web, and I know that there are several companies in the creative services field who continue to create money-making content for multimedia. It could be a company like this: http://www.wildbrain.com/ or maybe this company: www.designreactor.com/company.shtml

If I wanted to expand my career options based on the skills I learned doing Flash design, (which encompasses production art, a little bit of sound editing, animation basics, timeline editing, the art of motion) then what career fields would suit me the best? Has anyone started out as a simple Flash interface designer at some company and after a few years wound up becoming a multi-faceted "creative worker" who was paid more to do exciting and fulfilling things, like producing special effects for an ad company?

Remove Ads