Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

Just after some help with numbers. My site host only tells me what MB of hits I get each day etc. i.e. in one day I had 4.5MB of web traffic. What does this number equate to in real terms i.e. numbers of visitors or amount of people/hits?

Thanks.
    Matt

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    It completely depends on the size of your site and what they did on your site. There is no such thing as MB of hits. MB cannot accurately tell you how many people visit your site. Your host should easily be able to list the IPs that have hit your site. Each one is a person.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Yes, Wired is correct. Let me give you an example:
    Let's say that if my website had an index.html that was 1MB total (this includes pictures and text that is transferred from index.html).

If i had 100 requests for index.html in one day, that means that index.html got loaded 100 times, therefore 1MB was downloaded 100 times. Totaling 100 MB of transfer in 1 day (100 x 1MB).

This is important because hosting companies usually give you a limit as to how much you can transfer per month. This is usally offered in the GB's so i'm sure you dont have to worry about going over and getting charged per additional GB.
    Coming this summer...Optimum Site.Com !
    Yea i know, it sounds like a bad movie promo, but it'll be good, I PROMISE! :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Also, the longer someone's on your site, visiting various pages, the more they'll download. However, a quick visit may only download a small portion of your site.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads