Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: iTunes

Member #
    I have a small network at home (5 PC's).

I've used 3 of them, at different times, to download music from iTunes.
    Now I wanted to burn a CD with a mix of what I've bought so far. However, the files are only accessible through the iTunes player, and I can't make the different iTunes installs talk to each other over the network. (meaning I can't use iTunes on machine 'A' to import music from iTunes machine 'B'.)

Is this impenetrable copy protection, or is there a way to make a CD containig a mix (currently stored on three different computers) of songs I legitimately purchased?
    S. Rosland

Member #
    You can copy the protected song files from machine B to machine A, as long as the songs were downloaded using the same Apple ID. If not, you can just authorize machine A to play songs from whatever account they were bought.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaspers
    You can copy the protected song files from machine B to machine A, as long as the songs were downloaded using the same Apple ID
    How?
    The only files it allows me to export are "txt" or "xml" files (which I gather are the playlist data, not the songs themselves)

The songs are downloaded using the same Apple ID.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    You can drag the files out of iTunes onto the Desktop, or browse to the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder in your home directory. M4P files are the ones you downloaded from iTunes.

Remove Ads