Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: MediaMan

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    http://www.imediaman.com

Basically, you can keep track of your crap. If it's on Amazon, the program can catalog it. Why Amazon? You type in a barcode (ISBN, UPC, whatever) and it then pulls info (author, year, actors, singers, whatever) from their site. You can also mark stuff as being borrowed by someone when someone, well, borrows your stuff.

If you've got a GOOD webcam (apparently I don't) you can scan in bardcodes with it, or use one of those laser barcode readers (e.g. CueCat).

Only major downside to that MediaMan SW is that it only gets info from Amazon ATM, and if you don't select the right area (books, DVD, etc) it'll say it couldn't find it. Gotta blame Amazon's API more than anything else though. You can manually add stuff though.

Here's an example of what I've plopped into it so far:

Code:
    Statistics by Categories

DVD             65	31.10%
    Tech Books	36	17.22%
    Books	        34	16.27%
    Computer Games	21	10.05%
    XBOX	        20 	 9.57%
    Audio CD	11 	 5.26%
    Playstation 2	11	 5.26%
    GameCube	10	 4.78%
    Software	 1	 0.48%
    I've still yet to catalog though at least 100+ books, 10-50 PC games, and some more CDs.

Current Collection:
    http://www.tweaky.org/stuff.html

It created that file, however I wish it would just make image tags linking to Amazon images instead of making me upload them all and wasting my bandwidth, bah. No worries, I've got more than enough
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads