Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello.

I've currently got a dilemma. I need to print out several image files, but there's so many that it's ridiculous for me to print them out all individually and too many to open up and put in a word document (seeing as word document only allows you to insert one picture at a time).

I've currently got 369 of them. They're all named alphabetically such that the images are arranged in the correct printing order.

I plan to make a booklet out of them, so the alphabetical order at the moment is detrimental to me.

You see, I plan to put two images side by side on a landscape orientation. I also plan to take advantage of the printer's double-sided printing. This hence requires me to have one picture from the very start of the list printed to one side of a picture from the very end of the list for every page.

I have WinGrab1.40 to achieve this. However, there is one problem. The program ignores the double-sided printing option. I have that box checked, but it still insists on printing single-sided. Does anybody know how I can get WinGrab1.40 to recognise all the printer settings?

If not, does anybody have an alternative suggestion? For example, a way of mass-converting the images to a PDF file?

I'm on a budget, so freeware is the best solution.

Thank you in advance for any help rendered.

Member #
    If you plan on making a booklet then you'd probably be better off just spending the time bringing them into Word. Any automated method probably won't give you the formating/text options that word has.
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    Usually, microsoft products have a handy keyboard function that may help you out.

Try Microsoft word again, select insert image from file, select the first image in your list of images, scroll all the way down to the last image, hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard, and then select the last image in your list of images. This will hightlight all 369 images. Finally just click insert and all the pictures will be added.

I'm pretty sure this works with word. I'm 100% sure it works with microsoft front page. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
    Coming this summer...Optimum Site.Com !
    Yea i know, it sounds like a bad movie promo, but it'll be good, I PROMISE! :classic:

Member #
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in Word 2000, otherwise I wouldn't have tried searching for a different way in the first place.

Even Open Office doesn't do the trick. It just insists on overlaying one picture over the other until the entire thing crashes.

I appreciate your help, though.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd recommend throwing it into LaTeX, but then that'd probably take a while with that many images since you have to type out every filename. Plus you'd have to get a LaTeX environment set up. Mmm. Never mind. Can't think of any other way to do it, I'm afraid...

Remove Ads