Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- The United States, Japan and China are competing to reach the next milestone in supercomputer performance.

While the new supercomputers are not expected to be in operation before the end of the decade they are being viewed as crucial investments for progress in science, advanced technologies and national security, The New York Times reported Friday.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/inde...ercomputer.xml
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    i think Japan will win

Member #
    At the moment, the world's fastest computer is at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory -- it has reached more than 136 trillion operations a second.

However, on the horizon is the petaflop that can perform 1 quadrillion mathematical operations a second, or eight times the speed of today's fastest computer.

Japanese and U.S. experts estimate a petaflop will cost nearly $1 billion for each machine.
    WOW!

Member #
    thats pretty crazy...and the folks at home get to look forward to a p5, a light-speed proccesser sometime this decade! yay.
    ...lol

I'm not here for you, I'm here to raise your discomfort

Remove Ads