Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I take it I should find a fair number of people that work online, detached from their company. I have a rather unusual request:

I am a student of the Bristol Business School in the UK. As part of my thesis (in the UK they tend to call it "dissertation") I am looking at virtual teams and their contributions to organizational learning.

Part of my project is data collection. The idea is that people who work online in "virtual teams" share their experience with me. To clarify the most obvious confusion: I am not asking about confidential work details. I am asking about perceptions and how people experience their work situation. I have set up a questionnaire for members of virtual teams. Please have a look:

Project Website: http://virtualteams.bristol-mba.com
    Questionnaire: http://www.bristol-mba.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?vtr1.tmpl

Please use "WDF0905" as a research code so I know the response is valid.

I can already feel how you will tear apart my page design but, hey, this is not meant to win a beauty contest.

I was wondering whether you could help me by filling in the questionnaire. Or maybe you know even more people. The more the better. I'd be willing to share my findings with those who are interested. I am terribly sorry that as a student I cannot offer a trip to Hawaii or similar in return.

Please help me making the world a little more virtual. Thank you for your support.

PS: I will post this in "Non-Web Design Discussion" as well just to be sure. I hope nobody is offended by that.

Thanks a lot to you all.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've deleted the thread in the other section. You only need to post in one forum, everything gets noticed here!

Welcome to the forum fellow Bristolian

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I might mention that a good part of your questionnaire would apply to those who work on Free Software and Open Source projects, be they somewhat small (e.g., Gaim, Abiword) or very large (e.g., GNOME, KDE, Linux). You might want to see about asking some of those people to fill it out, as their work literally relies on the Internet and would never exist without it. Sourceforge.net is a good place to look for them.

Note that these people don't necessarily work for a company per se (though some do), so it might not be relevant.

Remove Ads