Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    im still never going back, MS did leave holes sitting for ages, and who wants that annoying activeX things on every flash page? not to mention ff has extentions. as a designer said to me once "IE has successfully held the web back in the 20'th century." a company that hasent bothered to go with standards for this long has convinced me they dont care.

and with the holes in FF, mozilla gets to it asap, MS says "you'll live till the next update". I use windows, but I dont like MS, if ms didnt want to fix their browser, they have lost a customer.

and ff and addons like adblock.

Member #
    People constantly say IE doesn't follow standards. Let me say this... when a browser has 85% of the internet users - whatever that company does is the "standard".

Member #
    IE no longer had %80 of the internet, it is far less now.

Member #
    It may be far less for web designers, but I've got 12 websites, most are unrelated subjects and 86% of my hits come from an IE browser, 11% from FireFox.

Member #
    my logs are %50 IE %35 FF %10 safari and %5 other

Member #
    Internet Exploreer comes with basicly all windows systems and you can't say that windows doesn't dominate (unfortunitly) so firefox has a lot of work to do and just so you aware this site follows standereds (i think we will all agree) and fire fox beta 2(version 1.5) does not render this site worth anything(i made a post in questions about web design if you are intrested)
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FF's overall market share is closer to 10-15% than 35%. It all depends on the type of site you run.

Member #
    I run a political site

Member #
    I would think that most of firefoxes market goes to Webdesigners, people who don't like microsoft or people who understand that for the most part fire fox is a much better written browser.I do belive that well firefox is new as it gets a little older it will be more commenly used...
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads