Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Anyone into SEO? What do you think about submitting to search engines vs letting them find your site on their own? And do you think one should submit their site once or once a month? And what about automated programs for submissions ... such as Web CEO and Web Position Gold?

I have heard much dispute about this kind of thing. I am courious what you all might think.

~ Flutter
    Stylish and affordable website design with search engines in mind. - www.PlushDesigns.net *Ask about graphic design and hosting too!

Member #
    This is one subject that eludes me. I think it is one of the hardest things to do. It makes no sense to me at all. I do everything the tutorials tell me to do. Tuff...

Member #
    I have done alot a research on this kind of thing over the last year or so. I have been using Web CEO to help optimize my site and I submit approx. once a month. I have recently heard that Google doesn't like automated submissions so now I submit to all the 'top dogs' (Google, Yahoo, & MSN) manually, but still monthly.

I have gotten great results with what I have been doing. One of my sites that I have been working alot with, actually has number one ranking as a result of all my SEM efforts. This site has been online for nearly a year and we just now have top ranking in Google but we have had top 5 in Yahoo and MSN for several months. I have done the same things for my husbands site and we are already seeing results in less than a month.

But I have been hearing alot of dispute over submissions lately. I do understand that search engine spiders will find your new site eventually, the key word here being eventually.

I have a couple of sites that have never been submitted and they are indexed but do not have good rankings. I haven't been able to find any 'real' evidence that multiple submissions has any negative effects. So my thought process with all this was to submit so that the search engine spiders are sure to find you and that the monthly submissions would sort of remind them that you were still there. I do try to update my sites regularly as well, and some say that simply keeping your site updated alone will keep the spiders coming back.

On one hand, I feel like, "ok what I am doing seems to be working so why stop" Then I hear some people say that certain things can work well for a year or so then can backfire on you and could even get you banned ... So I am just a little confused.

~ Flutter
    Stylish and affordable website design with search engines in mind. - www.PlushDesigns.net *Ask about graphic design and hosting too!

Banned
    Member #
    for me , i don't submit it every month if the website is already in a good ranking. no body know whether submit it once a month is really consider over-submit or not.

Member #
    I have backed off on the monthly submissions and haven't noticed any changes. I am focusing on content, back-links and keeping the site(s) updated. So I guess we will just see what happens ;-)

~ Flutter

Member #
    This reminds me of a personal site I had recently... I never submitted it to an engine or did any marketing...It was just a personal site and most of the content was pw protected..... but my main page was recieving 10000 hits a month ..... then I did a google of my domain and realized it was the same name as a major foreign band..... and my page was indexed

Member #
    I think that submissions is a good idea
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestcs

hope the bank will not looking for you for the copyright issue.
    It's not a copyright issue if you buy/own a domain that may or may not suit someone else's needs. In fact, it's not uncommon for entrepeneural (sp?) types to buy all sorts of domains in hopes that someone will want to buy it from them for 1000% profit.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads