Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello to all. I'm a Senior at DeVry University currently taking a career development course. We're required to conduct an informal interview with people currently in the field of web designer/developer/etc. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help out with my assignment before tomorrow afternoon. My assignment is due Sunday, Nov. 27. If you would be willing to answer the following questions, you can email your responses to nhradiv5@aol.com with Web Design Careers in the subject line. I'm very interested in entering this field upon graduation, and any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Nikki

1. Describe your career path. How did each job lead you to your next position?
    2. How/why did you decide to pursue the career in which you are working?
    3. What was your undergraduate major? What additional training/education have you had?
    4. Where can someone in an entry-level position expect to be in five years?
    5. Describe your responsibilities.
    6. How do you spend a typical workday-yesterday for example? How much time do you spend with people? Data? Things?
    7. How did you get your job?
    8. What educational preparation would you recommend for someone who wants to advance in this field?
    9. What qualifications do you seek in a new hire?
    10. Can you recommend any courses I should take before furthering my job search?
    11. What advice do you have for students who are preparing to enter your field?
    12. What starting salaries/salary advancements can one expect?
    13. Are there any current projects that you're involved in?
    14. What is your chain of command?
    15. Are you the main decision maker or do you work as part of a team?
    16. Likes/dislikes about your position?
    17. What are the desired qualifications one would need for a position like yours?
    18. What is your exact job title?
    19. Can you name others in the field that you would recommend I speak with?

Remove Ads