Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The gym

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I do weight training, and my preferred schedule is to go to my local (well, 15 to 20 minutes away in Baltimore) gym and work out for 45 minutes. It closed for the holidays about two weeks ago. It finally opens tomorrow, except now I'll probably induce a heart attack after taking so long off. On the plus side, that'll be 45 minutes I won't see another line of PHP or another vBulletin control panel page.

Anybody else work out?

(and my WDF sweatshirt should come sometime this week )
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Workout? kinda..

I do some weights.. but our gym is crappy so I just have my own schedule on my door.. sometimes I stick to it but if you miss a day its hard to get back on that horse!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I was considering going to my (very) local gym that's literally less than one mile from me. After a tour, the weight training area is much nicer, too...at least they sort and rack the freaking dumbbells unlike the other gym where they're all over the place out of order. Problem is it's nearly $500 a year to join. For a single visit without joining, it's $14. Ridiculous.

And what's with the price of home equipment? How can an adjustable (a couple bars, many additional plates) set of dumbbells be upwards of $200? Wow.

Member #
    i tried going to the gym... exercise.. thread mill.. bike.. then sooner for the weights.. hah I never lasted ... My brain was like shut off and my body ached that I almost don't want to move a thing or two
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    I don't go to a gym, I just do pushups and situps every night (or try to, but sometimes I procrastinate). I don't feel the need to do a full body workout, so I'm just trying to focus on specific areas now.

I would definitely get better results if I changed my diet. Working out with a crappy diet doesn't do you much good.

Member #
    i love working out, as i cycle over 2 hours everyday, and not just dordiling, its proper braking the speed limit on roads etc..
    i also play alot of sports, football and badminton for example, on a weekly basis. as well as everynight doing push-ups, push-ups and clapping (thats when u get to the top of the push, you lift ur hands up and clap them together), sit-ups, pull-ups, dongbells, i also sometimes try to pull my arms together with dongbells rolling along the ground, keeping them straight, so you are sort of in a push-up position. i'm exercise mad. sometimes i go running

Meh i don't care about what i eat, i burn it off with in the next hour :P

Member #
    I didn't mean that I care about eating junk or not. I don't want to burn it off because I'm so twiggy to begin with. I just meant that it's easier to build muscle mass with a healthier diet. More protein and all that.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I went yesterday, and for the first time since I started, I'm sore the next day. I was exhausted just 30 minutes into the workout, I had to stop. Also lost some muscle mass apparently because my highest weights were at least 10 lbs lower (30 lbs on one machine).

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    When I went today, there was finally a space of about five minutes where I was completely alone in the gym. It was coincidently when I was doing bench presses, unspotted. It's amazing how much you can lift when, if you fail to lift, you end up crushing your chest.

More hot girls than usual in the recent couple of weeks. Probably New Years Resolutions. Such resolutions are a sham, but hey, they clearly have collateral benefits.

Bench presses are by far the most enjoyable weight lifting activity for me rather than machines or dumbbells. Not only do you have to lift the weight, but some things that aren't obvious if you've never weight-lifted (I only started in September):
    • The bar itself is 45 pounds. It's solid metal.
    • When starting out, the weight isn't the issue, it's surprisingly enough just balancing it. I guess in life you don't frequently lie on your back while balancing a big metal bar over your chest with arms at full extension. Even now for the first set, I don't have perfect balance on the bar, but it evens out quickly.
    • Your very first time going to the gym will put fire in your arms for days. Man, after that first time, I couldn't extend my arms fully without feeling pain for days. Now I'm just sore later in the day and occasionally the day after (I try to go every other day).
    Every few weekends, I go with my friend to UMCP's (University of Maryland College Park) gym. Their weight facility is awesome; two floors, and never have to wait for somebody to finish at a machine or work in with somebody; there's practically 10 of every machine. Plus I get to drive his car occasionally which is a 240 HP convertible. I'm stuck with my much-lower-horsepower which also has a lame automatic transmission. Quite worth the $7 admission price. But curses, some genius architect put the water fountain on the first floor only.

Member #
    i use to workout evey other day ..
    I found that a good mixture of cardiovascular and weight training was the best..

unfortunatly, I had to go back to college and work a full time job which = no life
    now the only workout i get is sadly enough is carrying books..:glasses:

but i have big plans to return to working out soon..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads