Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Ironically enough, a replica of one of my emails is now available on the Chase website. And in reference to the credit card/account... I have not used that one in three years (if not more).
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Well, I've had similar calls like this, trying to get CC numbers and things off me, they've called my mobile and my land line and they've always been promptly told to fornicate with themselves...

It obvioulsy works differently in the UK as mobile numbers all begin with 07. I've never understood how mobiles can use area codes... When I was in Canada I tried to get my head around it.
    It makes no sense really: How can a MOBILE device be given an area code? Sure obviously it roams but it still seems pointless.

Anyway. The number one thing to keep in mind when trying to determine weather it is a scam is:

***Your credit card company, Bank, Government, eBay, PayPal, online store etc will NEVER call and ask you to confirm details. Nor will they email you to gain this information***
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads