Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Itunes

Member #
    Another hopeless question from me.

As I'm experimenting a lot with new software (IE7 as the latest example), I'm forced to do some system restore operations from time to time.
    I just discovered that when I do restore operations, Itunes playlist reverts to what I had purchased at the time of restore. All songs purchased after that are invisible on the playlist. If I search the actual catalogue they are supposed to be stored in, they're still there.
    However, they are blanked from the playlist.

I can't find any menu item in Itunes that lets you re-search your folders for songs. So basically:

How do I go about to reinstate the songs I've purchased to my playlist?
    (Like I said, they are all still there in their folders, they are just not showing up)
    S. Rosland

Member #
    I also have an ipod with Itunes. This has not happened to me yet and I' m not sure whats going on with yours. I've heard of other people having this problem too. Unfortunatley I can't help you. Aren't all of the songs still on your ipod though? So what does it matter?
    I came to this site to get help. I stink with this web stuff.

Member #
    If you open the song in iTunes then it should automatically be re-added to the libarary. In future I recommend you export your library as XML each time you make a purchase.

iTunes library management leaves a lot to be desired and if it wasn't for its excellent music store and the iPod I would be using WMP.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have had to reinstall itunes quite a few times, it is a very simple process, to add the music back to your libary:

File > add folder to libary

browse to your 'itunes' folder usally in your 'my music' folder but you can put it anywhere and name it anything. Click ok and watch your stuff import..

If you do put the itunes folder in another location and/or rename it:

Edit > preferenced > advanced tab

Adjust the location of your folder and I reccomend checking the keep folders organized, and the copy files to itunes folder options.

Remove Ads