Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    An even bigger IE hole is that the browser is directly tied to the operating system, and so an attack on IE means an attack on Windows itself. Microsoft is taking a halfway measure against this in the next version of IE. In Vista, but not in XP, there will be a "protected mode" that isolates IE from the operating system and other applications, so IE won't be able to write to a file without a user's consent.

Does all this mean that IE will be superior to Firefox? I guess not..But to squash Firefox, it doesn't have to -- it just has to improve its security, and add a few extra features. It looks like IE 7 is on the road to doing that. Given that the beta of Firefox 1.5 doesn't add many big new features, aside from handling auto-updates better, this could mean that IE will start to take back the ground it's lost to the Open Source browser.
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    I disagree the community plugins available for ff are superior to what IE can produce, tabbing is excellent. It takes me alot to switch over... although if IE started giving sexual favors for browsing that would do it. Otherwise I am stuck with firefox... but then again who knows some of the plugins are very versitile.

Member #
    IE7 has tabbed browsing. It makes it a bit easier to use.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Remove Ads