Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    MP3 players with claims that the gadgets, which typically are used with dime-sized, disc-shaped earphones called ear buds, can cause hearing loss.

one hour a day at about 60 percent volume was safe... sometimes it's really hard to resist, there are music that needs to pump it up...
    sucks.. then why are manufacturers allowed to give listeners the option to pump it up to 120 decibels?

that's just lame..
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Darwinism at work.

It's common in the US for a law to not exist governing safety, public outcry arise, and then a law to be instated, causing public outcry. European nations (there is an EU-imposed limit on maximum audio output from some devices) work differently where the law exists, causing public outcry, the law is removed, people hurt themselves, and then more public outcry.

You can't satisfy everybody.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Huh? I can't hear you over my stereo...LOL

Member #
    audiofreak...lol!

I read an interesting article about this in Rolling Stone a few months ago. The logic is very circular: people turn the volume higher on their [personal music device or cell phone] when there is more background noise, therefore causing more damage than just the ear bud or simple noise.

If I recall correctly, it even talks about the laws in Europe.

FOUND IT!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    Darwinism at work.

It's common in the US for a law to not exist governing safety, public outcry arise, and then a law to be instated, causing public outcry. European nations (there is an EU-imposed limit on maximum audio output from some devices) work differently where the law exists, causing public outcry, the law is removed, people hurt themselves, and then more public outcry.

You can't satisfy everybody.
    Well, in the UK what tends to happen is people go happily abou their business using a tool or method of work until an accident or tragedy happens which involves that tool or method of work. Then the do-gooders just say "Oh it was caused by this, ban it!!"

Look at the tragedy at Dunblane. Handguns were legal in this country until some sick freak with a history of mental illness storms a school and kills like 15 kids, then they were banned overnight.

Now, Guns are wrong, the damn things should have been banned anyway but that's not my point.

Another case in point. Untill a few years ago dentists could use the gas to sedate patients while surgery was carried out... tragically a youg girl died while sedated.
    The government didn't look at the fact that thousands of these procedures are carried out each month with no such problems and the fact that this girl more than likely died of some sort of allergic reaction caused by the gas...

They banned it. Forcing people to have painfull injections if tey need dental work.

In 100 years the government here will have banned everything!

You are allowed to Eat, Sleep and S**t but thats all and only in designated areas! lol
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Meh. I get injections for dental work and it's just fine.

(remember, don't let this degrade into a rule-breaking political conversation)
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Needles suck, especially when it takes 2 shots to barely numb ya and you can still feel everything.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads