Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Have you tried some tests on the underground and pubs and found lots of cell phones were turned on and used for 'toothing' ?

To play, you need you need to activate the Bluetooth facility available on your mobile phone, which will then show a list of people within a few yards who are also active. Then write a message and press send.

Toothing as they call it has turned into a Dating fad... lol seems reallly interesting.. though I haven't tried it yet..I rarely turn on my bluetooth because some say it can easily catch virus.. but would love to try this for fun...

what's more is that has generated some good business with some people..
    What started as a joke became a fully fledged trend
    http://WICKEDINNOVATIONS .com
    Website | Graphic | Programming | SEO | Data Entry

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    My phone lacks bluetooth, a camera, or features.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Be very very careful enabling bluetooth in public places unless you are actually making a call. There is a known hack that allows fraudsters to gain control of your phone via bluetooth and place calls to premium rate phone lines thus stealing your money while you're walking around. The truly dangerous thing about this fraud is that your phone will give no indication whatsoever that anyone has connected to it or that a call has been made.
    End of Line.

Member #
    Jeez, is that true?

Isn't 'tooth really secure though. (like UNIX, If you have permission, ie. a Passkey, you can connect, If not, Bugger off!)??

Saying that though I know many ppl who see the passkey as a formality and set it to something easy to break like 0000 or 1234. So in that respect I can imagine that this is possible.

What is really scary is that many Nokia phones have a feature called "wallet" that is a secure place on your phone that you can store credit card numbers and stuff so you can do online shopping from your phone easier. If they could hack that info over 'tooth then that would be really bad.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    I don't have Bluetooth on my phone but I've been thinking about getting one just after the fun I have with friends who like to send dodgy videos to randoms in pubs! I'm a prepay customer so at least if someone got control of my phone they'd only be able to spend all my credit. Still a worry though.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    A protocol is only as secure as the client using it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads