Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    VOTE NOW

http://www.webdesignforums.net/wdf_sotm.php

and tell your friends too!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Yes, there have to be more than 13 people who come to this forum. Let's get some more votes in.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I clearly need to update rule 1h to be clear that requesting general participants is encouraged but that soliciting votes is not. My brain doesn't work so good all the time.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    True. Additionally, Rule 8 for entries prohibits entrants from soliciting votes, so if I entered, and go around telling members to vote, even if it's not "Vote for me!" there's a grey area. Not to mention some people only focus on specific forums, and never even pay attention to SOTM.

Here's a question... is there any way to highlight the SOTM forum?

It could take many forms: A literal highlight & bold treatment, like new site-wide announcements or tutorials.

Is it possible to have a little note in the re-direct that will say something like

Thanks for logging in DCScene. Click here to vote now for Site of the Month. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
    What about I-voted icons so we can PM people to vote?!?! (I guess that's kind of a violation of rules, no? The second part, not the first.)

If people are unaware, these are some ways of grabbing attention. If the problem is general apathy, there's really nothing we can do
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I tend to overlook the SOTM 'cause it's not visible when voting is starting or when I can submit my site. Not that I have any sites to submit anymore

But like DC said, it would be nice if it stood out... maybe even give that block a different background color or something!?
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Remove Ads