Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I saw it a couple of months ago, and it left me deeply disturbed.
    (A mixture of pity and anger for the guy)

I have always had a keen interest in medicine and biology, nature, habitats, anatomy and medicine.
    They have all played a majore role in my life. (My father and younger brother are both Phd's in the area, with my father beeing a retired pediatric cardiologist, and my brother a marine biologist).

Anyway, this film is about a self proclaimed naturalist and Grizzly expert, who is really a dope head and a failure in life. He used to be an athlete, but after an accident (that led to loss of scholarship funding), he moves from Florida to California (to pursuit a career as an actor), and falls mentally apart.
    (Apperantly, he finished second in the auditions leading up to a role as the bartender in "Cheers", only beaten by Woody Harrelson).

He enters the wildlife scene through a fluke, that 'saves' his by then, bare-bone sanity.

The film is put together by te famous director Werner Herzog, based on the raw-film material left behind by Timothy Treadwell.

Without referring details from the movie, I reccomend you go see it.
    It's a shocking event (for anybody who cares about people), and leaves a lot hanging.

If you want to know the details about what happend on that dreadful night, then you can find your answers here.
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads