Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So, most of you here must have your own taste in music. What exactly do you enjoy listening to? Current favourites could be a point of discussion, but music in general is fine.

Myself, my favourites at the moment are Guillemots, but I'm a huge fan of Radiohead, Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand and Muse. Bit of an oddball taste really, I'm quite open minded and will listen to anything outside of UK chart territory (because more often than not it's a bit meh). Classify me and you'd get Indie as a result. I'll listen to anything and rate it.

How about you?

Member #
    These days it's been reggae a lot. Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Black Uhuru, Barrington Levy, Matisyahu. I also like Blindside, Project 86, and Demon Hunter from the Christian metal genre, and Hillsong United from the contemporary worship genre. Aside from that it gets very random.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm literally all over the place. I listen to a lot of trance, especially when I'm coding -- Paul Oakenfold is quite good, and I've enjoyed DJ Chewmacca's mixes since I downloaded them off of his torrent last year sometime. That's been fun.

Meanwhile, I listen to some metal -- mostly Spanish metal, like Mägo de Oz and Kraken, though also the occasional non-Spanish stuff, like Nightwish. Gorillaz and Mägo de Oz have been dominating my listening habits lately along with Oakenfold.

At the same time, my foreign tastes abound, as well. I'm a fan of Greek music, as my mother's greek, so I've got stuff by ?????????? and a couple of more recent people like ???? ???? and ????????? ???????????, plus some others. Yann Tiersen was high on my last for a good chunk of last year as I listened to the Amélie soundtrack practically nonstop. Still love it. And then I've got a thing for Andean music like that of Inti Illimani and Illapu. And finally, in the foreign category, Silvio Rodriguez is absolutely amazing.

I also went to a Shakira concert the other day, that was cool. And then I have some appreciation of classical music, too -- you can't deny the Rachmaninoffs and the Beethovens and the Tchaikovskys their uber-awesomeness.

My taste also reaches out into the less traditional fields -- I love Eminem, for example.

Anyway, the point I was getting at was that I have very very wide tastes. My last.fm profile can provide more details :-)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    When you listen to The Crystal Method while coding, it makes you feel like you're in some high-speed epic struggle for humanity.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tend to put a bit of B&S on when coding. Very lo-fi, it goes well.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm into progressive music. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation and my husbands' band, Widow's Walk, of course

I'm getting into some Ayeron and Sonata Artica lately as well.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I tend to listen to a lot of soft / college rock like Blink 182, angels and airwaves, bocar racer e.t.c. But every now and again i can't but help drift over to some Hardcore Dance lol!

Member #
    I like a little of everything, from Christian to R&B. I like a few country songs, but not many. I also like old rock (Styx and Journey are my favorites).
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Personally I prefer the hokey pokey.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    i'm into lots of things like your classic rock(zepplin, jimi, stones), reggae r &b, etc.

but i'm a big fan of jazz.... but it ain't the run of the mill 'granda jazz' (as i call it).

i'm into a specific period of jazz. mainly jazz/rock between 65' - 73'. Now i must make this clear that its jazz/rock and not rock/jazz, neither is it fusion (god how i hate that term)

artists like;

miles davis - bitches brew, live evil
    john mclaughlin - mahavishnu orchestra (only 1 two albums tho eg birds of fire), extraplation
    herbie hancock - sextant is a must!!!!!
    larry coryell - lady coryell, barefoot boy, etc. it all good

and other cats from the same period. really picky about the type of music that i'm into but its the only way to be if you luve music

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads