Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Recently (last week or so) firefox keeps hanging while it is trying to fetch webpages.

It comes and goes, one minute I am using it without a proble, having around 6/7 tabs open, each downloading fine.

Then, firefox seems to just hang, not the application itself, I can stlill interact with it, but it timesout.

This forces me to use IE7 (I do have Opera floating around too).. but I like my firefox.

I recently upgraded to FF 2 a while back and there was no problems, only recently.

When I use IE7 it does not hang on my connection at all, and my connectio is very strong.

Any ideas?

Member #
    not sure what it is, i get the same prob but i've not upgraded to ff2.0. thinkin about moving to opera permanetly...can't stand IE

Member #
    I have had this issue before, but it's always been a particular web site causing the problems. In other words, if I force quit and go back to the culprit site I have problems, but if I just browse in other places, there's no problem. I don't know WHY that happens, but it does. And I'm still on 1.5.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Well, I do browser regular websites, but not sure which, have not noticed that it is one in particular.

I'll keep a lookout

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, on Linux, Firefox 2.0 will randomly hang completely -- i.e., freeze. Doubt it's a related symptom, but damn is it annoying... Fortunately, I have Konqueror. If only it handled Gmail and Google Calendar perfectly, I wouldn't even be using Firefox anymore (except for webdev purposes -- Firebug kicks ***).

Member #
    I wondered how long it would be before I saw Firebug mentioned here.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads