Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm mildly interested in Airsoft, so I'm going to try out some of the toys/guns. I bought from Amazon for cheap a replica pistol with 8,000 (!) rounds to mess around with. First experiment: during occasional breaks at work, going into the empty parking garage and shooting the walls and stuff, or volunteers.

For those unfamiliar, airsoft guns propell small plastic pellets at about 150 to 300 feet per second. They're far less damaging than BBs, and obviously far less than the actual gun it replicates. Apparently getting shot by one just stings, at least with the gun I ordered. It's quite safe so long as you don't shoot somebody in the eye or something, and remember that while it's mostly a toy, it shouldn't be treated like one.

Anybody ever try it out?

Also, for that matter: under US law, all airsoft guns sold need to have orange tips so the police can immediately distinguish them from actual guns (visually they're very similar), but state law varies on whether you can later remove the orange tip. Anybody know how Maryland law applies here? I'm betting the orange still can't legally be removed or obscured, but I can't find a definitive answer. I have no problems with leaving it on, but it would look cooler if it was removed.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Member #
    LOL, the 'Caution 2' would require you to be 'The Hulk' if we were talking real weapons here.

They were actually considering licensing those things in Norway not so long ago, as parents bought them to their children thinking they were innocent toys, with a lot of third party eye and other soft-tissue injuries as a result.

The orange tip thing though, what would prevent a guy carrying a real gun from painting the tip orange, to get an edge on law enforcement?
    Sounds a bit weird.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Stupid parents ruin a lot of things for everybody in any country.

I got the gun (and rounds) a couple of days ago. It's pretty cool, weighted (although still less than the real thing, naturally), and fires the rounds really freaking fast, ev

Member #
    airsoft gun law is pretty lax in england to be honest, considering that nottingham was the gun crime capital of the world in 2006...

i think that you're allowed to purchase them at any age (that includes air guns) but for some of the higher calibre ones you need a license, i remember reading somewhere that real handguns are completely illegal, although that doesnt really make much sense to me.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    BTW, the gun already broke, so back it goes. I bought locally (as opposed to online so I can more easily return things) an airsoft "shotgun" (replicates the appearance, but fires only one pellet in full manual mode, no semiautomatic or full automatic). It claims to shoot at 350 fps, but we'll see. I wish it had a stock, though.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...n&client=opera . Google Cache because, for some reason, the actual product page gives an error.

An annoyance is that once you remove the magazine, a bunch of rounds will fall out, unlike the M92 where they would remain in the magazine until the gun was cocked.

Member #
    do you live in america? why dont you just buy a real gun?!

Member #
    Umm.... Because one can't shoot at people and/or other perishable or breakable things with a real gun without killing and/or destroying it, thus landing one's self in prison.

Member #
    i spose, i guess that i'd have a gun if i lived in america or another country with lax gun laws

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I want something that isn't really dangerous when used responsibly. If I got an actual gun, it would likely be some handgun and I'd want a conceal carry license, but those are damned near impossible to get in Maryland...and I don't have a burning desire to shoot people. They're also obviously far more expensive.

This gun is just for having fun. And fun it is: it's already much more reliable than the UHC M92 (every single attempt to prime and fire a shot has been successful), faster, and reasonably more accurate thanks to its adjustable hop-up thing (it puts a spin on the rounds when they leave the chamber/muzzle so they stabilize, kind of like a rotary spin on a bullet).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads