Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So, for those of you who haven't been keeping an eye on the MacWorld keynote...
    Apple announced the iPhone, which basically blasts every other smartphone out of the water, lets it flip-flop on land a bit, then jumps up and down on it and stomps it to death.
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/l...-jobs-keynote/
    Pictures.

Also, they've got the whole iTV thing going, which is now actually called Apple TV, which is the Apple set-top box. Which, amongst other things, allows wireless broadcast of video. I've been wondering who was going to do that for ages.

In short... < drool >. I'm not a Mac head, so I'll be wondering from afar as usual, but that Apple TV... Even my studentile (moneyless) self is considering purchasing that piece of shiny.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    $500 is expensive, but to unify a smartphone and iPod, it might be worth it. Problem is I have Verizon right now (yes, everybody else uses GSM).

I have no idea how they got even any variant of Mac OS X to run on it. It must be the same analogy as Windows XP is to Windows Mobile.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, it's rather frightening. And yeah, $500 is really expensive, especially considering the fact that it's apparently bound to a 2-year contract and Cingular apparently charges up the wazoo for those.

Member #
    I want that phone.

Member #
    It would get smudgy. But that's cool. It's sooo Star Trek.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    it's *nix, of sorts, it can get streamlined really small
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Okay, the kernel I can understand, but not Aqua and all the crap behind the scenes, especially at less than VGA and still usable.

It looks like "Safari" rescales pages so they're still the right size (i.e., simulates a larger screen) which is very cool.

Member #
    Man, that is an awesome lookin phone. It will be obsolete before it makes it to Saskatchewan, though.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The way Apple is going, I wouldn't be surprised if, in 10 years or less, they're not selling computers anymore, hence their name change. They already sell far more iPods than Macs, and they get so much hype and speculation for their consumer electronics devices.

I have no problem with that other than I'll miss Mac OS X over Windows. At least I won't have to pay for Vista:
    Congratulations, you’ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin.
    (I watched webcasts like how I got Visual Studio 2005 for free as well, only the VS2005 webcasts were interesting, unlike the Vista ones)

Member #
    As ive herd Intel have bought apple and are goin to phase out the mac anyway and just leave OS X
    Regards Phil,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads