Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new phone

Member #
    getting a new phone and wondering if you guys have any suggestions?

i'm thinking of sony erik k800i, sony erik P900i or nokia n73.
    anyone tried or heard anything about these wans?

Member #
    Nope, I have an LG.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I take it you (Karloff) have Cingular or some GSM provider? I have Verizon which is CDMA, but I like LG phones as well.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    http://www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/phone/239/ That is the phone I have, and I really like it.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    wait and get an iphone *drools*

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Of course you'll need a second job in order to save up $500 and two years worth of Cingular service in order to buy one.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    yeah... im going to buy one though

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidgold
    wait and get an iphone *drools*
    my girlfriend any i have just bought a house in the scotland and if you know what houses cost over here u'll understand that there is no way that i can afford that.

looking for a decent camera phone (as i ain't got a digi camera and ain't getting wan:lick: ) good software that can i can sync with my computer. swaying toward the sony erik k800i

got to haggle with orange tomor for a decent price..... aslo getting broadband (unlimited use, 8mb bandwidth) for the 1st time. been sturggling as a web designer using dial up for ages now (yes dial up ) can finally get stuck in

thanks for the input folks:thumbsup:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff
    looking for a decent camera phone (as i ain't got a digi camera and ain't getting wan:lick: ) good software that can i can sync with my computer. swaying toward the sony erik k800i
    I recently bought the K800i and I'm very pleased with it. (used to have a P910i).

The P910i was nice for it's purpose, namely beeing a merge of a PDA and a telephone.
    However, the features most used by me, are now available in the K800i.
    Additionally, the K800i supports the 3G (UTMS) net!

I primarily wanted the K800i for its camera. All other cameraphones I've owned, has generally sucked in this area. Those pictures have been good for MMS only. You can't print them out and place them in an album. The resolution/focus/colors are appalling.

The K800i on the other hand, delivers a camera that is almost as good as a dedicated compact digital camera.
    It has auto-focus (as opposed to fixed focus), better optics, zoom, high resolution, and a built-in Xenon flash that are quite sufficient for portraits and short distances. The camera menus are also far more exhaustive than other cameraphones. They are almost like regular compact camera menus.
    Additionally, you can equip it with up to 2GB of memory, on a card no larger then a thumbnail! That enables you to store thousands of pictures at max resolution.

The pictures are of such high quality, that if you don't enlarge them beyond standard photoalbum size, it's hard to tell the difference between those and "real" camera shots.

The other BIG advantage, and my primary reason for buying it (even though I own a compact digital camera as well) is that it's always available!
    I always carry my cell phone with me. If a photo opportunity suddenly arises, the camera is right there!
    That's the major drawback with "regular" cameras. If you don't plan on taking pictures, you never bring a camera along (even a compact), as the only thing a camera is good for, is taking pictures.

The phone, on the other hand, is always with me.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads