Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone know how to design an email that looks like a webpage? Do you do it with normal HTML? If so, when i copy and paste it in. the code shows up.. Heh, i feel like im missing something VERY simple and im overthinking this.
    I'm using Office 2003 on Win XP Pro.
    Thanks
    Tekture

Member #
    Are you using a proper doc type?

I just clicked on the source of my latest centerparks e-mail and it is all in a html format.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You need to send the message with the proper content-type header:
    Code:
    Content-type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmmm, you said you're using MS Office right? I'm not sure if you can edit the HTML in an email in MS Outlook. But I remember having this problem a few years ago - and I actually used Outlook Express instead of Outlook to send the HTML emails, because it allowed you to view / edit the HTML. It was so weird that Outlook Express had that capability but Outlook didn't, unless I was just overlooking something. Anyways, my point is, if you're having problems actually editing the HTML, then maybe you need to use a different program than Outlook.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    mail chimp might have the answers

Member #
    wow, am i entirly overthinking this? Do i just cut and paste that code directly in outlook 2003... and it should change it over to an HTML page when they user gets it? I sent myself one, and it didnt work...
    Does anyone know what i am missing here?
    Thanks
    Tekture

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekture
    wow, am i entirly overthinking this? Do i just cut and paste that code directly in outlook 2003... and it should change it over to an HTML page when they user gets it? I sent myself one, and it didnt work...
    Does anyone know what i am missing here?
    Thanks
    Tekture
    No, that is what I was saying, in Outlook, I don't believe you can copy / paste / edit the html, I think that all the html is behind the scenes and you have no way of manipulating it yourself. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

In Outlook Express, however, you can compose an email, and go to View -> Source Edit, and there you can view / copy / paste / edit the html code, and you can even select a "preview" tab to preview what the email will look like. Why don't you try that? I'm sure you must have Outlook Express on your computer...
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Remove Ads