Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: shock! horror!

Member #
    arrgh how frustrating!
    AOL music doesnt support Opera!

check out this awful AWFUL problem (in opera, im not sure about ff)

this isnt good enough

Member #
    I have seen a few other sites that don't support Opera or Firefox.
    Air Canada's site doesn't offer all features to Opera or Firefox users, but does allow some functionality.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    i've just signed up to wanadoo broadband (throu my orange mobile) and when i had prob installing/settinig it up I phoned the "tech helpdesk" and they didn't even know what firefox/opera was.
    i mentioned the word browser and they were lost!!! they only knew IE. i explained to the guy that i had any browser on my pc to could test it on and he suggested .... wait for it .... i deleted all my browsers and only used IE6!!!!!

fat chance

Member #
    HAHA! oh dont you just love those 'experts' on the call in centres?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    When my Comcast cable modem died (everything would work except receiving responses to HTTP requests; mail and everything else was fine), I had to talk to some of the stupidest support people ever. I began the call by describing the problem and explicitly stating I'd used multiple computers (including a Mac) and connected directly to the modem, bypassing the router; I also told him I'd already reset the modem several times. His suggestion? Check for spyware, try a different computer, and reboot the modem. I kid you not.

Eventually I asked for a supervisor, who wasn't available, but thankfully called me back shortly and allowed me to replace the modem...although of course I had to go out and pick it up on my own time.

Their Internet service is reliable, but their tech support completely sucks. Dell is annoying as hell to call also, although I usually have good results.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads