Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    For the most part, I love them. As I sit here, I just ordered pizza online via Papa John's using one of their plethora of coupons (unfortunately, their BOGO--buy one get one--code doesn't work in my location anymore, but I used PIZZA2 for one extra-large + one free large for a total of $18). Previously, I've used Circuit City's and others, too.

But some really, really suck.

• Papa John's: You get charged online, tons of coupons to use, only have to spend literally a minute in the store.
    • Circuit City: Charged online, but not that many coupons available at any given time. However, if your order isn't ready within 24 minutes of your e-mail confirmation, you get a $24 gift card. That happened once to me, and I didn't even have to ask for the card (although I was going to if they conveniently forgot). That particular deal netted me $12 + a $24 gift card--a mess of rebates and pricematches for a 2 GB USB flash drive.
    • Best Buy: like everything else about Best Buy, it sucks. You're charged in the store, and it takes literally hours to get your e-mail confirmation.
    • CompUSA: nearly the same story as Best Buy; it's completely useless. You go there with the print-out of your order, and they literally go to the shelf and get it for you--something I could have done myself, and because you're charged in-store, there's no point.

The trend: when you get charged online, the experience is much better.

And your experiences?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads