Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Becasue of my lack of money to buy a mac im trying to find a way of emulating it on my pc. Ive found a emulator at http://emulators.com. but cant find a Mac OS X rom image to use with this does anyone know how I can get one without actually using a Mac or any P2P software as I cant run P2P due to router configuration.

Or theres the other option of someone donates 1500 to a needy cause..Worth a shot
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    PearPC works, but it's mindnumblingly slow. You'll need a legal copy of Mac OS X anyway, which is $130 for the newest version (10.4).

Just do what I did: get an old Mac off eBay. My G4 Cube when I bought it about a year ago was $300. It's a paltry G4 500 MHz with 384 MB of RAM, but it works for Safari just fine, as well as Mac OS X 10.4. Looks good on my desk, too.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Could I ask why exactly you need to emulate OS X on your PC it may help to know what your ultimately trying to achieve.
    End of Line.

Member #
    Number A. Mac OS X Is faster than Windows for graphic/web design generally.
    B. I need to be able to activly test web pages in safari... $300 is slightly more than im hoping to pay more along the lines of 20.

darn parents. becasue im onyl 15 id have to get my dad to bid on the mac computer/laptop and he said no... and i found this bargain of the century http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-Mac-Powe...QQcmdZViewItem
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mac OS X (especially emulated) is no faster to use to create web sites and applications than Windows. The only reason a web designer would want a Mac is to test in Safari, like you said.

Bot, for $35, you'll never have a Mac capable of running Safari. Besides, at $130, it's still about $100 more than what you're willing to pay, because to emulate Mac OS X, you still need a license for it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    looks like ill have to wait then and use browsercams and such to test pages for cross browser. or hopefully apple will relase a windows version of safari.... oh wait there not going to do that then people wont really need to buy macs any more
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You sound a little cynical, Phil, if you don't mind me commenting...

Apple have a business model which is different to Microsofts... when folks ring them for support they want to know everything about the hardware and software, so they don't support OS-X on other platforms or encourage its use.

Microsoft don't really care what platform you deploy their software on... they'll sell you the CDs regardless and if your hardware isn't capable of running it then that's your issue.

I am not sure that the latter is necessarily the better.

With Apple now providing software to run Windows on their intel-based Macs, which can dual boot into Linux if required, I think I'd personally say that rather than buy a Dell or something with Windows on it if you want all three Operating Systems buy a Mac Mini at 350 from PCWorld (or whatever the equivilent in the US is) and then a licence for Windows, download Ubuntu or another Linux distro and run all three on the Apple hardware.

Should cost no more than about 500, the price you'd pay for some rubbish hardware running Microsoft windows from the same shop!

Sean

Member #
    I understand your point sean and where your coming from a your whole opion on microsoft becasue I personally dislike them aswell but with being 15 and having a extreamly small budget i need to do this as cheap as possible, if it can be done free.

and not that its really relevant but I dont use crappy prebuilt systems I have always had custom built
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads