Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Great stuff.

I've seen a few of them before. We used to have a transcript of authentical radio communications from Chicago O'Hare (that the ATC controllers there had put together), but I can't find it. Hillarious stuff.

With regard to technical write ups, I've seen a few funny ones with my own eyes. Most of them requires some technical knowledge to appreciate, but I can mention two.

In the cockpit of the MD80, we had a small mirror mounted on the sidewall just inside the flightdeck door. Many pursers used this mirror for a quick hair/makeup check before leaving the cockpit (after telling us 'cabin clear' or whatever other reason for sticking their head in).
    At one time, we had a particulary ugly mirror which was crackled and dirty. The purser told the captain he should write up the mirror and have it changed.

In the tech log he wrote:
    "Purser complains cockpit sidewall mirror is ugly and should be replaced."

Two days later we flew the same jet. Now in the corective action field it was written:

"Mirror tested. Mechanic looks beautiful. Purser replaced."

---------

An other aircraft had the following write up:
    "Aircraft autoland system lands extremely hard."
    In the corrective action field:
    "This aircraft does not have an autoland system"
    (the autoland system had been disconnected earlier due to some system fault).
    :classic:
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads