Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Greetings Earthlings,

A quest of zero rewards has been bestowed upon me by my professor to improve http://www.linux.orglinux.org's website. Appearently, last fall, they were looking for someone to suggest ideas http://www.linux.org/about/design.html on improving their website. I don't know what is up with their status because I tried emailing their owner and webmaster, and my messages got bounced.

I am in no way affiliated with this site, nor is my school. This is just a project for a graduate class I'm enrolled in. I have my ideas on the important elements missing from this site, but as part of the gathering requirements stage, I am trying to establish what needs the most attention...I will not be redesigning the entire site.

If anyone is interested in filling out a quick survey about this site, I would be ever so grateful. It's too bad that such a nice domain name is not being served properly.

I will pass the gift that the dali lama gave to me, and grant you total conciousness on your deathbead, if you fill out a survey which basically asks for your opinions on this site.

I hope this okay posting this here. I am doing this as a school assignment, and since I cannot get in touch with the site owners, I can't even submit my design...

I set up 2 surveys:
    The first is geared towards current Linux enthusiasts.
    The second is geared towards people with no experience using Linux

I thank you in advance. If you don't want to take the whole survey( 10 questions) and want to answer the last 2, that would help too.

Survey 1 : Linux people
    http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226F6ZKWRYF

Survey 2: Other OS people:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226FBZWZTV9

If you would take the time, I'd be ever so grateful, and will return the favor by writing any code for ya (as long as it is not Visual Basic, VB.net, Cobalt, or some obscure assembly).

Much Thanks.
    Ignignoct

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Either Linux enthusiasts or people with NO experience with Linux? I don't fall in EITHER of those categories. I have experience with Linux but it's not my main platform. You don't have a survey for me?
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberryh
    Either Linux enthusiasts or people with NO experience with Linux? I don't fall in EITHER of those categories. I have experience with Linux but it's not my main platform. You don't have a survey for me?
    Oops...I didn't weight all the options when phrasing this.
    I would be confused too, as I have eight machines, 4 of them running different Linux distros, but I wouldn't consider Linux to be me by primary OS.

Sorry about the confustion. I am trying to capture 2 different groups. Those with Linux experience, and those who have no Linux experience.
    If you have experience with Linux, please take the first survey.
    If you've never used Linux, please take the second survey.
    That is of course, you wish to participate in a survey. Otherwise, survey says take no survey...
    Thanks for informing me of my oversight in identifying the mission, rasberryb.
    And thank you for lettting me post in your forums.
    Ignignoct

Member #
    I took your survey and I hope my info was useful.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by beachkitty85
    I took your survey and I hope my info was useful.
    Thank You!
    Give me a msg if you need any help with coding.

Remove Ads