Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    A while back I re-installed Windows XP Home and after that, that PC had no wireless capability (could not detect/join any networks). Then I went for the dirty option of buying a usb network adapter. Problem solved.

Now, the network adapter can still connect to the network (the network is from a wireless router, a netgear dg348g I think).

However once connected, I am told that there is "Limited or no connectivity".

Whats strange is that I am using that connection to post this message, and whats even stranger is that I have another computer using the connection down the other end of the house (CAT5 cable).

I have tried doing the same, CAT5 from the router to PC but theres no juice in it at all.

I could babble on for a while but I'll try and form some questions...

1) The PC in question only shows up 1 connection in Network Connections and Device Manager. It's called '1394 connection' and is under the Lan or High Speed Internet type. Should there be more than one?

2) How can I find out if the PC has a built in network card? Before all this happened, the PC connected wirelessly to the router.

3) I have an old network adapter from another broadband provider, although I am having trouble telling Windows where the drivers are, would this work?

4) I hate hardware

edit: I found some last ditch utility, which solved my problem, dont know what it done exactly, theres still only 1 connection in Network Connections though.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    more info is needed.

the USB Network Adapter: Who makes it, what is the model number

1. 1394 connection is your firewire connection
    2. You'll see a big "phone jack" looking connection
    3. Who makes it, is it internal, external?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads